So you must be curious how it was, right? It was WONDERFUL.
Let's just start with the amazing scenery:
Then there were the amazing lessons I learned. I will elaborate further but here's the preliminary list for now:
- Let go of judgments. Rarely are they accurate or useful.
- Let go of the past. You don't need to perfect your mistakes or reconcile all your regrets. The future is what matters. Focus on that.
- Embrace change. Change is not easy but it is, more often than not, good for the soul.
- Be thankful everyday. You don't need to compare yourself to someone else who has less or is in a more difficult situation, to appreciate your life. Choose to appreciate your life and choose not to dwell in the negative.
- Plan but live every moment diligently. Plans are great, but they only get you so far. You don't attain respect or a sense of accomplishment from what you plan to do, but rather, what you actually get done.
More to come...