Pages

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Exactly 8 weeks left

How did your 1 day challenge go yesterday?  I did surprisingly well.  And it felt GOOD.  I wouldn't say I'm hooked but I'm definitely intrigued and motivated.  The fact that it was just 1 day (!) kind of kicked my butt into getting things done that I've been meaning to do..like what, you may wonder? Here's what:

1. Catch up to some studying I was behind on
2. Send long over due emails to friends I've had falling-outs with, in sincere efforts to let go of my stale grudges and bring in fresh & positive energy & spirit into my life.
3. Eat well.  I realized that not only do I have more self discipline in the morning but I also really enjoy a good dinner, so I might be the type of person who should save a good chunk of calories for that meal.
4. Kept a clean room and study space!
5. Did not watch any TV shows!

That may not sound like a lot, but it felt like a good day. I don't want to extend the challenge because that'd ruin the significance of its brevity, but I'm proposing a totally different challenge for today:

SVU
(obviously, I'm a big fan of Law & Order: SVU)

S = Simple
V = Vote
U = Unexpected

Simple
  • Keep your food simple: Keep 'em to 3 ingredients or less
  • No TV & Video Games, Pick up a book!
Vote
  • Get yourself to the voting booths and vote!
Unexpected


  • Do something you normally would never do - whether it's challenging, generous or a self-treat, do it!  


On that note - As of today, there are exactly 8 weeks left of 2012.  Crazy, right?  What are your Out-8-Week Resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment