Pages

Monday, December 24, 2012

Can't Commit But I can Celebrate!

Wow.. Can't believe I finished finals week successfully!

It was a tremendously stressful time, but I did it and hot d@mn, I am proud!

I have another test on January 4th so I'm starting to prepare for that today but I took Saturday and Sunday off after my final on Friday.  I deserved it!

I got my butt back into the gym, cut out the regular chocolate intake, and slept 8 hours each night.  Holy crap, I am sore but good sore.  My brother, who's in town for his winter break, is helping motivate me to get into the gym each morning

In other news, I very much related to Andrea's Can't Commit entry.  I too, have trouble committing to things like weight loss, exercise, group activities although I can always commit to school things.  It can often be very disappointing to set up goals like workouts-of-the-week, that usually doesn't pan out, but the reality is, I only have a finite amount of energy that I can dedicate to discipline, commitment and dedication, and most of that goes to school.  Whatever I have left over is committed to family and maintaing my sanity in the midst of mountains of work.  This semester, I was working 30 hours a week while taking 6 classes, so I let myself off the hook.  I let myself indulge in food and not worry about working out.  It wasn't the healthiest thing to do physically but I wasn't going to beat myself up over an impossible task.

Now-- I have one exam to study for, applications and work, I still can't commit fully to the fitness and diet regimen I would ideally commit to, but I'll do a little better by working out and eliminating a little junk from the diet, and try to be a little more conscientious about what I put in my mouth.  

No comments:

Post a Comment