Pages

Monday, October 29, 2012

Hurricane Sandy Muffins

Since it is storm day today (and I had a few too many over ripe bananas) I thought I'd take the extra hour in my morning to make some banana muffins (a nice swap for my scheduled oatmeal)!



I made a batch of five muffins, each around 160 calories.  Amazed?  Here's the recipe:

Ingredients:
3 bananas -mashed up (300 calories)
2/3 cup Atkins bake mix (300 calories)
1 scoop CVS Brand Whey Protein Powder (150 calories)
1/2 cup Egg whites (50 calories)
1/2 cup Baking Splenda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda

Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix all of the above thoroughly
3. Spray Muffin tray with non-stick spray
4. Pour mix into the muffin wells (I like the jumbo muffin-size tray)
5. Pop muffin tray into the heated oven for 15-20 min
6. Take out & EAT

Future improvements? I might add a small container of nonfat plain yogurt to make it a little more solid,  and a few extras like cinnamon, nutmeg, and a little vanilla extract for enhanced flavor.  This recipe tasted pretty good but it isn't A++.  It's a solid B. Calorically, it's a A++.  I mean who else has a 160 calorie muffin?!

I scarfed down 2 of these babies, one before my work out and one after.  Love that I don't feel bad about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment