How am I going to lose 20 lbs by the end of the year?
I'm not going on a strict strict diet, but I have set up a few guidelines because I personally work better with a set of rules.
1. Drink as much water as I can! Minimum: 2L/day
2. Exercise every day. Even if it's just 20-30 min, I've gotta get it in. Exercise doesn't have to be an all-or-nothing task.
3. Limit sweets to once/week, preferably earlier in the day.
4. Try to keep carbs to the AM and not in the PM. And generally speaking, stay away from the White, refined carbs, and go for the lower-Glycemic index carbs like oatmeal, quinoa, oat bran, and Ezekiel bread.
5. Eat every 3-4 hours to prevent crazy hunger attacks.