Pages

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Food Hangover

Most of your kids and trick-or-treat-ing friends are probably feeling this way this morning.  It's called the Food/Candy Hangover.  Kind of like a post-alcohol hangover, but not quite as headachey.  The symptoms include the feeling of grossness and slight unsettledness in your stomach.  It requires a slightly different set of hangover foods that are slightly lighter, such as oatmeal, or cereal, that will stay down.  (This is key.)  Then, during the course of the day, make sure to drink plenty of H-2-O!

This morning, I was about to make myself some steel cut oats but when I saw several over-ripe bananas in my fruit bowl, and I suddenly got another hankering for my banana protein muffins!  I took a page from Kammie's muffin recipe and added yogurt this time.  They turned out much chewier and less smooshy this time, but a little less sweet since I added the yogurt in place of the 3rd banana.  They were good but I'm not sure it's an A+ yet.  Calorically, these guys were 200 calories each which is still excellent for a muffin, but what I'd like is a sweeter and even more solid muffin.  Does that make any sense?

Next up at bat are Pumpkin banana muffins.  I saw the bread version on Courtney's page after making mine, and now I can't stop thinking about it!



No comments:

Post a Comment